SELECTED WORK & COMMISSIONS
- Editor and reader at the minnesota review.
- GTA Instructor and MFA candidate at Virginia Polytech and State University.
- Art critic at The Pitch, a monthly publication in the Kansas City area. See the complete list of published works here.
- Essayist for the Charlotte Street 2016 Artists Award show at Kemper Museum.
- Secretary of Whispering Prairie Press, non-profit publisher of Kansas City Voices.
- Senior Prose Editor for Kansas City Voices, a publication dedicated to new and established writers and artists in Kansas City and beyond.
SELECTED AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Second Place award in TSR: The Southampton Review short-short fiction contest (Winter/Spring 2019) for short story “Once the Downs Empty”
- Honorable Mention recognition in On The Premises contest for short story “The Frayed Edge”
- Essayist for the 2016 Charlotte Street Artist Awards exhibition at Kemper Museum in the Crossroads
- Recipient of a 2016 ArtsKC Inspiration Grant
- Recipient of a 2016 Lighton International Artists Exchange Program (LIAEP) Grant
- Writer in residence at Green Olive Arts, spring/summer 2016
- KCTV5 Interview on criticism piece “Oh, How We’ve Failed,” 2016
- University of Central Missouri guest juror for 2016 Citation Show
- “Unfortunately, the Book Continues to be Relevant,” Interview with Erika Meitner, Ploughshares blog, January 9, 2019.
- “Wide Range Through a Single Lens: An interview with Michael Dumanis of Bennington Review,” the minnesota review blog, November 29, 2018.
- TSR: The Southampton Review, fiction, “Once the Downs Empty” Winter/Spring 2019 issue.
- Sculpture, a publication of the International Sculpture Center, arts journalism, “Art and the Crossroads of Kansas City”
- On The Premises, quarterly contest honorable mention, fiction, “The Frayed Edge”
- Informality Blog, criticism, “The Empress’s New Clothes”
- Various reviews and journalism in The Pitch
- See Spot Run, fiction, “Whales”
- Pear Drop, fiction, “Whales”
- Axolotl, fiction, “Whales”
- Kawsmouth, fiction, “The City Dismantles the Memory Part II”
- The Bookends Review, fiction, “The Story There”
- Alice Blue Review, fiction, “The Third Beach”
- KC Studio, criticism, “Windows Between Realities: The Photographs of Leonor Jurado-Laspina”
- The Bohemian, fiction, “The Green Apartment”
- La Esquina in conjunction with Have I Been Here Before? Fiction, “The City Dismantles the Memory”
Pretty much all art criticism can be found at The Pitch.