For a PDF of rates, email me, or go here
WORK & COMMISSIONS
- Art critic at The Pitch, a weekly grass-roots publication in the Kansas City area. See the complete list of published works here.
- Essayist for the Charlotte Street 2016 Artists Award show at Kemper Museum.
- Secretary of Whispering Prairie Press, non-profit publisher of Kansas City Voices.
- Senior Prose Editor for Kansas City Voices, a publication dedicated to new and established writers and artists in Kansas City and beyond.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Essayist for the 2016 Charlotte Street Artist Awards exhibition at Kemper Museum in the Crossroads.
- Recipient of a 2016 ArtsKC Inspiration Grant.
- Recipient of a 2016 Lighton International Artists Exchange Program (LIAEP) Grant.
- Writer in residence at Green Olive Arts, spring/summer 2016.
- KCTV5 Interview on Oh, How We’ve Failed, 2016.
- University of Central Missouri guest juror for 2016 Citation Show.
- On The Premises, quarterly contest honorable mention, fiction, The Frayed Edge.
- Informality Blog, criticism, The Empress’s New Clothes.
- Various reviews and stories in The Pitch.
- See Spot Run, fiction, Whales.
- Pear Drop, fiction, Whales.
- Axolotl, fiction, Whales.
- Kawsmouth, fiction, The City Dismantles the Memory Part II.
- The Bookends Review, fiction, The Story There.
- Alice Blue Review, fiction, The Third Beach.
- KC Studio, criticism, Windows Between Realities: The Photographs of Leonor Jurado-Laspina.
- KC Studio, criticism, Objet Boutique: Group Efforts in Delinquency.
- The Bohemian, fiction, The Green Apartment.
- La Esquina in conjunction with Have I Been Here Before? Fiction, The City Dismantles the Memory.
- “KC Connect” sponsored by KC Studio Magazine. November group, three sculptures in three locations:
-The Knot of Memory 1-Johnson County Central Resource Library
-The Knot of Memory 2-Johnson County Corinth Library
-The Knot of Memory 3-Mid America Arts Alliance
- “Access Alumni Presents: Austerity Measures” Cara Y Cabeza’s Contemporary. Sculpture: “The Memory Tether”.
January-April 2011 Resident instructor at St. Joseph’s Comprehensive School for Girls, Bafut, Cameroon. Worked with teachers and students to build technological literacy, develop an art program, assist students with college applications, and grow the community through cultural exchange. Taught classes, including art, writing, computer literacy, and history. Conducted after-school activities that focused on character building and leadership skills. (2011)
May-June 2016 Resident at Green Olive Arts, Tétouan, Morocco. Dedicated one full month to independent writing and working while interacting with the local community and culture. Focus of fiction was feminism in the Muslim community.
March 2016 Successfully wrote and received two prestigious grants distributed by arts organizations in the Kansas City metro.
Confident with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, and InDesign), proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and WordPress websites. Familiar with Salesforce, Constant Contact, Microsoft Outlook, and Mail Chimp.
BFA: Sculpture/Creative Writing
Kansas City Art Institute
4415 Warwick Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64111